The blue screen of death, which is also called the Windows stop error, appears when a bug is so serious that Windows have to stop quickly to prevent the damage to your system. Blue screen of death always shows up with an error code that is very helpful in determining the root cause of the system failure. Now, here are some tips to fix these Blue screens of death and optimize PC.
- The first troubleshooting step is to ask yourself what you have done last time like software installation, updated driver, add a new piece of hardware etc., to your PC that the BSOD starts to appear. Undo the changes you made last time and restart the system to check the stop error. You can undo the previous changes by:
- Using System restore point.
- Roll Back Device Drivers.
- Start Windows with Last Known Good Configuration.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode.
- Scan your system for viruses, worms, adware and malwares. Some viruses can cause BSOD error as they can infect the boot sector of your OS. Always make sure that your antivirus software is up to date. Scan your system and remove any virus, worms found in the scan. Scanning your PC regularly will result in less computer performance issues.
- Make sure that your primary operating system installation drive has enough space for the smooth performance of your PC. If primary drive is run out of space then make free space on primary drive by removing unneeded programs.
- Update all your hardware drivers.
- Get a safe registry cleaner from internet that will automatically fix registry errors for you. Safe registry cleaner are used most commonly by PC users for tuning the Windows.
I hope that this article will help to understand how to fix blue screen of death and minimize your computer performance issues.